Talk to a Cybersecurity Expert.
Numerous factors are working against anyone trying to keep their organization safe in the current cybersecurity environment.
Until recently, many companies have underestimated the potential for damage from cyber attackers, leading to lagging defense strategy and underwhelming internal infrastructure. In addition, a growing gap in cybersecurity talent has made proper staffing a difficult task. Analysts have gone so far as to suggest that companies search outside their security and IT ranks for raw talent to develop.
Fortunately, managed security services offer a relatively fast and affordable way to close gaps that might otherwise remain unresolved as organizations attempt to catch up their internal solutions. With externally managed security operation centers (SOCs) staffed by skilled professionals, companies of any size can implement a security architecture that’s typically reserved for well-heeled corporations with deep pockets.
A managed security services provider can plug into a company’s existing structure to provide cyber intelligence, continuous monitoring, cyber hunt capabilities, and incident reporting. The right provider can offer not just advanced capabilities and products, but also highly skilled staff to bolster the existing solution. The emphasis, however, should be placed on finding “the right provider.” Not all managed security services are built the same. The partner you select should be able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Advanced cyber intelligence: To understand the risks most pertinent to their systems, providers need to be able to identify emerging threats and assign them priorities. Threat information comes in high volumes and can be challenging to sort through. Look for providers that offer tools for effectively managing this information.
- Full-scope security support: Managed security is more than simple continuous monitoring and reporting. A supplier worth their cost also should function as your partner for predicting future risks, preventing future disaster and mitigating damage when the worst occurs.
- Training for employees: As your partner in cybersecurity, your managed security provider can also offer security and privacy training for your staff so they can help you protect your sensitive data.
- Proprietary technology/tools that augment off-the-shelf capabilities: Best-in-class providers distinguish themselves with innovative security products that help manage the workload more efficiently, translating to cost savings and high ROI.
- Ability to work with an organization’s existing security tools: You shouldn’t have to tear down your existing solution to plug in your managed security supplier’s offerings.
Lunarline provides third-party managed security services capable of bringing your security initiatives up to speed with the industry’s best. We integrate data from your organization’s IT and security tools into our comprehensive monitoring and correlation solution, housed safely in our secure, accredited facility.
For more information on the solutions we provide, contact us today.