WE HAVE A CYBERSECURITY SOLUTION FOR YOU!
Last revised on 11-15-2018
Scope of this Policy
- visitors and subscribers of the Lunarline website;
- natural persons contacting us through the contact or other forms on Lunarline;
This policy includes a description of your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing activities we carry out.
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact Customer Service for assistance, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
The purpose of the Website is to offer cybersecurity courses and certifications to cyber professionals.
As part of our effort to create this website, we receive and store information about you such as:
a) Personal Information
Content published on Lunarline is accessible by all visitors.
When using our website forms or calling or emailing us, Users are required to provide part or all of the following information below, depending on the features or services they wish to access.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company name, size, industry, state, and country
- Job title, focus, and level
- Purchasing authority
- Work phone
b) Other Information
We automatically track and collect certain non-personal information such as Website navigation data, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, timestamps and URLs. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interest, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our Lunarline community.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on our Website, we may store such information on our servers.
Use of Information
We use your information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders, and your payments and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- We use your Information in order to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe matching; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in courses; inform you about offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your Business Information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
- We may use your Business Information in order to provide benchmark analysis and aggregate statistics. This particular Business Information will be anonymized, will not contain personal identification and will not be transferred or sold to third parties in any way or format that identifies you.
- We use Website navigation data to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Website navigation data alone or in combination with your Business Information to provide aggregated information about Lunarline.
- We collect the IP Addresses to track when you use our Website. We use IP Addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Website and sign-up for our Courses. Your IP-address is also registered for statistical purposes and to better our advertising and layout of the Website. In specific, we use your IP Addresses for the following reasons:
- Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- Estimate the total number of Internet users visiting our Website from specific countries or regions of the world.
- Assist third party advertisers to track the effectiveness of the promotions they run on our Website, visits to and business at third party’s websites.
- We do not share your full name, e-mail, phone number and job title with third parties for their marketing purposes as a matter of course. However, if we decide to share such information, you shall be notified and shall have the option to opt-out from providing us with your personal information above for this purpose.
Use of Business Information by other third parties
- We make reasonable efforts to make sure that our users, who use our Services, will use the information available to them solely for course-related purposes. However, we cannot control their use of that information outside this scope and we are not responsible for such unauthorized uses.
- Lunarline reserves its right to share your Information with a third party in case of sale merger, control changes, reorganization or liquidation of the Company. All actions will naturally be completed in compliance with applicable laws of personal data and privacy.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example to prevent payment fraud or confirm your identity).
For questions about our use of your personal information (including legal basis and transfer mechanisms we rely on) please contact us by mail at: email@example.com
Protection of Information
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Indicatively:
- All our employees, independent contractors, and agents have executed non-disclosure agreements, which provide explicit confidentiality protections. Any employee, independent contractor or agent who violates such privacy and/or security policies is subject to possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- We do not make any of your Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes. Lunarline’s software runs on individual servers and no data given or collected is shared with other social media platforms.
If, however, we share your Information with third parties, we will notify you. Please note that no transmission over the internet can guarantee confidentiality and non-disclosure, and as such, you transmit at your own risk.
- We use robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of data. When the Services are accessed using the internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your Information, using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your Information is safe, secure, and only available to you and to whom you have granted access.
- We do not tolerate Spam. To report Lunarline-related spam, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our TOS. We may check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks, and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content of the Website, but we will not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
- Lunarline does its utmost to secure communications and data storage in order to protect the confidentiality of your Information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your Information.
Storage of Information
We save your Information in our database in order to improve our Website’s and user experience and in accordance with our TOS. If you wish that your Business Information be permanently deleted from our database when you stop using our Services, please notify us at email@example.com
Information and Rights
Once you have provided your Personal Data, you have several rights, which you can in principle exercise free of charge, subject to statutory exceptions. These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. To exercise any of your rights, you can file a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority where you live or where you believe a breach may have occurred. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but, to the extent that this right applies to you, you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant Supervisory Authority.
Right to withdraw consent
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will be able to withdraw that consent at any time you choose and at your own initiative by contacting us at email@example.com The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the collection and processing of your data based on your consent up until the moment where you withdraw your consent.
Right to access and rectify your data
Right to erasure
Right to restriction of processing
Under certain circumstances, you may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. This is, for example, the case when you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data. In such event, we will restrict the processing until we can verify the accuracy of your data. Should you wish to have your Personal Data restricted, please file a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to object to processing
Under certain circumstances you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, including where your Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply click the unsubscription link in any of our emails.
Right to data portability
Where you have provided your data directly to us and where the processing is carried out by automated means and based on your consent or the performance of a contract between you and us, you have the right to receive the Personal Data processed about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and request portability of your Personal Data.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16.
In the event we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, steps will be taken promptly to remove that information. If you believe that we have or may have information from or about a child under 16 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
For the purposes described in this policy, your personal data will be transferred to the United States of America. When such transfer happens, we ensure that it takes place in accordance with this policy.
Last revised on 11-19-2018
Our Site is Provided For You
Our site is provided to you for convenience and information only, without charge. By simply providing access to our website content, we do not warrant or represent:
- the content is accurate or complete;
- the content is up-to-date or current;
- we have a duty to update any content;
- the content is free of technical errors or typographical errors;
- the content is free of third-party changes; and
- your access to our website is free of interruptions;
We are not responsible for these things. In other words, you use our website at your own risk. We shall not be liable under any circumstances for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to neglect. This includes loss of data or profits from the use or inability to use the content of this Site, even if one of our representatives has been informed of the possibility of damage. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. Our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law in such jurisdictions.
Our Website is “As Is” And We Disclaim All Warranties
Our website, including all content, software, and functions available on or accessed through our website, is “as available” and “as is” provided. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and any subsidiaries and affiliates make no representations or warranties of any kind with regard to the content, software or functions accessed through our Site, for any products or services or links to third parties or for any security breach associated with the transmission of sensitive information via our Site or any linked site. WE AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON – INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This includes data loss or profits resulting from the use or inability to use the content of this website, even if one of our representatives has been informed of the possibility of damage. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY CONTENT, SOFTWARE OR THE FUNCTIONS ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
We Are Not Responsible For Links to Content of Third Parties
We may provide hyperlinks or pointers to other third-party websites or provide third-party content through framing or other methods on our website. The links to websites of third parties are only available for your convenience and information. We do not control the content of any linked website, so we are not responsible for the content, including any other links on a third-party site. If you choose to access any of the websites linked to our website from third parties, you do so at your own risk. You must be careful to ensure that the third party you link to for your use is free of computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and other destructive items.
We Do Not Necessarily Endorse a Third Party if We Provide a Link
We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third-party website at any time. The fact that we provide a link to a third party website does not mean that we endorse, adopt, authorize or sponsor that website. It also does not mean that we are affiliated with the third party website’s owners or sponsors.
If a Third-Party Links To Our Site, It Is Not Considered An Endorsement
If a third-party links to our website, an endorsement, adoption, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or partnership with us is not necessarily indicated. We do not know in most cases that a third-party has linked to our website.
A website that links to our Site:
- May not create a browser, border environment or frame our content;
- May not imply that we endorse it or its products;
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with us;
- Should not contain false information about our products or services; and
- Should not contain content that could be interpreted as disagreeable;
If You Send Or Supply Data, It Is Non-Confidential
We Do Not Allow You To Use Our Trademarks By Providing Content
Our registered and unregistered trademarks are the trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos used and displayed on our site. Nothing on this site should be interpreted as granting any license or right to use any trademark without our written permission. We enforce our intellectual property rights aggressively. The name “School of Cybersecurity” or our logo may not be used in any way, including in advertising or advertising related to the distribution of materials on our website, without prior written permission. You may not use any meta tags or other “hidden text” that use the name or trademarks of the School of Cybersecurity without the express written consent of the School of Cybersecurity. You may not use our logo as a link to our site unless you receive our written permission in advance.
ALL OTHER TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, AND TRADE NAMES ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE COMPANIES. SCHOOL OF CYBERSECURITY DISAVOWS ANY PROPRIETARY INTEREST OR CLAIMS IN THE MARKS OF OTHER COMPANIES OR CORPORATIONS.
All Content On Our Website Is Protected Against Copyright
All content included on this Site, including any materials, documents, text, designs, graphics, logos, images, audio and video (“Content”) is the property of School of Cybersecurity or its affiliates and suppliers, and is protected by the United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all Content on this Site is the exclusive property of School of Cybersecurity and protected by the U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not inline, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) without our prior express written permission.
Registration And Passwords For Cyber-U
Lunarline’s Cyber-U platform requires you to have a password and/or provide registration details to access the Website. If Lunarline’s Cyber-U does require a password and registration details, it shall be a condition of use of this Website that all the details you provide are correct, current, and complete. If Lunarline’s Cyber-U believes that the details are not correct, current, or complete, Lunarline’s Cyber-U will have the right to refuse access to the Website, or any of its resources, and to suspend and/or terminate your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password(s) and registration details you are given to access this Website, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password(s) and/or registration details. You agree to notify Lunarline’s Cyber-U immediately of any unauthorized use of your password(s) and/or registration details. Lunarline’s Cyber-U reserves the absolute right, in its sole discretion, not to issue or revoke an account or password to any person or entity. Our contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Must Comply With Local Laws When Accessing Our Site
This site is controlled by us from our United States of America offices. We do not represent the appropriateness or availability of content or materials on the Site in other jurisdictions. It is prohibited to access our website content or material from jurisdictions where such access is illegal. If you choose to access this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for complying with the applicable local laws on your own initiative. We are not responsible for any legal infringements. In violation of the US, you may not use or export the materials on this site. Laws and regulations on exports. Any claims concerning our website and its content and materials shall be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia without giving effect to any conflict of law principles.
You Indemnify Us For Use Of Our Site
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our suppliers or affiliates and any of our officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, attorney’s fees and costs. If the compensation provided in this paragraph is not available or is insufficient to hold the Indemnified Parties harmless for any reason, you agree to contribute to the aggregate losses, claims and liabilities to which the Indemnified Parties may be subject, to the extent appropriate, to reflect the relative fault of you and the Indemnified Parties in respect of the activity to which the Indemnified Parties are responsible. In defense of any claim, you will cooperate as fully as possible. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and in any event, without our written consent, you will not resolve any such matter.
Under This Agreement, Third Parties May Have Rights
Some of the provisions of this agreement are for the benefit of School of Cybersecurity and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
Agreement May Be Terminated
- issuing a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of any contribution or of your right to use our websites, including deletion of any personal profile;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all losses and costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach and/or further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or other relevant third parties as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Code of Conduct. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.